Bravo! Loyola University New Orleans’ acclaimed Department of Theatre and Dance learned this weekend that its two fall semester shows have received a total of five nominations for Big Easy Entertainment Awards.
- “Caroline, or Change,” a debut collaboration between Loyola and Jefferson Performing Arts Society (JPAS) that brought Tony Award-winning playwright Tony Kushner to campus for a master class and Q and A for the public, has been nominated for “Best Musical.”
- Department chair Laura Hope has been nominated for “Best Director of a Musical.”
- Donna Clavijo, a voice instructor in Loyola’s musical theatre program who served as the show’s music director, has been nominated for “Best Music Director.”
- Troi Bechet, who played Caroline, has been nominated for “Best Actress in a Musical.”
- Loyola’s performance of Lucas Hnath’s “The Christians,” directed by Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts C. Patrick Gendusa, has been nominated for “Best University Production.”
Special award recipients will be honored and winners announced at the Big Easy Awards Monday, April 23, at the Orpheum Theater. Click here for the full roster of nominees.