Master the music industry as an artist and a professional
The first program of its kind in the United States, our Bachelor of Science in Hip Hop and R&B degree is designed to immerse you in the worlds of modern hip-hop, R&B, and EDM from your very first semester.
With our state-of-the-art facilities and Grammy®-winning faculty, you’ll learn exactly how each component of the music industry works, as well as how to create a radio-ready track.
Our industry-recognized faculty of musicians, music producers and managers, venue owners, entertainment attorneys, and chart-topping songwriters will draw upon their real-world experiences to help you master industry concepts such as:
- Production, technology and recording
- Marketing, publishing and distribution
- Legal issues and management
At a Glance
- Total credit hours in degree: 120
- Credit hours of music business courses: 21
- Credit hours of music production courses: 15-30
- Credit hours of live performance courses: 0-15
- Credit hours of Loyola Core courses: 39
View the 2020-21 degree program course listing (DPCL)
State-of-the-Art Recording Studios
Loyola boasts four different audio recording studios, two television/film studios, and more.