Art and Design portfolios are required for freshman Art and Design scholarship consideration. A freshman student must also be granted admission to the university prior to scholarship consideration. Portfolio review dates
Freshman students must be admitted and submit portfolios by the final deadline date of March 1, 2013.
Transfer students are asked to complete all application materials and are required to submit a portfolio for admission and scholarship consideration. Transfer students are encouraged to submit all application materials and a portfolio by the final deadline date of March 1, 2013. If transfer students submit application materials and the portfolio after this date, the materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis for admission consideration. If funding is still available, admitted applicants will be given scholarship consideration at that time.
Portfolio Content Requirements
DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL WORKS OF ART.
Submissions should contain:
1) A postage-paid, self-addressed envelope for return of materials
2) A Cover letter, (printed). Cover letters must include:
- applicant's name
- name of high school
- home address
- email address
- telephone number
- semester for which application has been made (eg.: Fall 2013
3) A one-page artist statement (printed).
- Why do you want to become a visual artist?
- Regarding your art work, where do 'ideas' or images come from?
- What media or materials do you work best with? (paint, pencil, clay, printmaking, photography, sculpture, computer, other?)
- Does the history of art, specific artists, or periods in art history influence or inspire you?
- How do you determine when an art work is finished?
4) A digital portfolio. Please provide images on a Mac compatible CD, DVD or thumb-drive.
- (not more than) 20 digitized images of two and three -dimensional artwork.
- All images should be saved as jpeg, pdf or quicktime files.
- filenames should begin with a number (1 through 20) followed by the title of the work – eg.: 3IWantToGoToLoyola.jpg
5) An image list. Please include:
- image number
- title of work
- medium (list where mixed)
- date of making
For time-based media include also:
duration in minutes and seconds.
6) Additional clarifying information may accompany the portfolio (printed). Examples might include:
- Was this a class assigned project?
- Was this an independently created work of art?
All materials should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Ave, Box 18
New Orleans, LA 70118